Thursday, August 15, 2013

This Summer We: had fun decorating

The girls and I enjoyed setting everything up and decorating the house on the bay.  It was fun to pull out all of our sea shells and sea glass, too.


We have old blue mason jars full of shells sitting around here and there (the same jars from the camper)...


We also filled an old tackle box with some pretty shells...


The sea glass found a home in some of my milk glass dishes and in an old feed scoop...




Good thing I have so many helpers to keep up with the dusting and cleaning chores :)...

yes, he is dusting in his bathing suit...doesn't everyone ;)?


The girls each have their own bedroom in this house, something they have only ever had once before.  We had donated their bedding to a mission in South Dakota before going on the road, so they were allowed to pick out some new bed linens for their rooms here.  I love seeing their different choices :).

Audrey chose rainbow polka dots...




Ashlyn chose blue and yellow tie dye...



I even got something new and wonderful for MY bedroom!  My husband built a beautiful headboard for our bed using...pallets!  I had been wanting him to make me one out of old barn wood, but that stuff is expensive and hard to come by (understandably).  Pallets are free and you get the same look.  Love it!



He even built me a little book shelf out of the same pallet boards.  I just love them both...because they look fantastic and also because he made them for me <3.


Back in the living room...yes, I skip around sometimes :)...I hung up some of my favorite wall decor...


It was fun to get my globe collection out of storage and back up on the big red cabinet Dan made for me a few years ago.  This cabinet is made from barn wood that came from eastern South Dakota, hand picked and created for me by my talented husband :).


I enjoy finding interesting plants in the yard to clip and bring inside to go in my big blue vase...



For the guest bedroom, we scored a basically new furniture set via Craigslist.  The couple that had it were moving across country and were practically giving it away to avoid having to move it (been there, done that a few times).



For curtains, I had my resident artists whip me something up.  Aren't they fabulous?...



Our magnet board from the camper found a home, too.  On a short wall between the kitchen and my office...



Wait.  Office?  YES!  I have my very own (shared with only 6 other people, hehehe) office.  It's everything I never knew I needed storage wise :).  We keep all of our homeschool, craft supply, bill paying, files, etc in there. 

that stack of boxes is about half of their school work for the next year


The only room left to show you (other than bathrooms, prolly not happening) is the boys room.  They have the entire 3rd floor to themselves...big open bedroom, closet, and their own bathroom.  Just picture 3 twin beds on one side of the room and legos pretty much everywhere else, hehehe.  I'm kidding.  They keep it neat, I just for some reason haven't taken any pictures of it yet.  I'll have to do that soon!  Right now, I have to go water that poor thirsty plant sitting on my desk.  Talk to ya'll later :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment