Friday, August 23, 2013

more random goodness...

Continued from yesterday...picking up where I left off with going through my pictures and sharing some of the best moments/things/eats/whatever :).

Pretty flowers from my hubby.  I had never received orchids before, they made me think of some place tropical...one of my favorite things to think of :)...


The fox that lives in our yard somewhere.  It's always fun to catch a glimpse of him...he's not as "sneaky" as he thinks he is ;)...


We were in TJ Maxx the other day and I spotted the cutest laundry bags.  I had a store credit for something-or-other and I used it to get these bags.  I think they are perfect for when we are back in our camper and I need to lug the laundry to the laundry mat :).



Speaking of laundry...I found the cutest hamper at Target.  It is really an outdoor stool for sitting on, but I think it makes a great hamper for dirty clothes.  Being it's made for outdoor use, I know that I can just take it outside and wash it with the hose if I ever need to..nice!  The best part, well...besides the fact that it's turquoise striped, is that I only paid $5.06 for it on clearance!  It is in perfect condition, the sales guy marked it "as is" simply because the tag was missing.  I love a good deal :)...




We like watching boats go by on the bay.  It's fun to think of where they have been, where they are headed, and what they are seeing out there.  This bay is part of the Intracoastal Waterway, so the possibilities are vast.  The most interesting boat we have seen was a customized house boat that had solar panels lining the roof.  It anchored maybe 100 yards or so off our seawall one evening and stayed for the night.  Early the next morning we watched them sail away.  Hmm...fulltime sailors, maybe?  That would be SO MUCH FUN!

not the houseboat, btw...I didn't take a picture of it for some reason

My daughter made this bracelet out of dollar weeds and pine straw.  She is such a creative girl <3...



There's Mr. Fox again.  This was right after we mowed down our garden.  It was funny, it really seemed like he was puzzled by the lack of big plants to hide behind :)...

 
Handsome boy :).  He is quite a bit taller than me now at only 13 years old.  Oy...


The kids bought themselves a badminton set with some of their allowance.  They have been having the best time with it.  Look at the cats in this picture...funny things :)...


Cold Stone for dinner one evening :).  Sometimes you just need to eat dessert first...


Playing outside with my kids until the moon and stars shine bright.  This is a rare thing in Florida, the bugs will usually chase us inside well before this time of day...


Walking along the seawall with my boy <3...


Birthday flowers from my man...

TWO bouquets for my birthday :)!

...and some birthday cornbread from my mom.  This stuff is SO GOOD.


My kids made me the best gifts for my birthday.  I got a ring, bracelet, and necklace...all handmade.  Some pretty cards, and the cutest house complete with a cat named Tim, hehehe...




Lots of goodness!  <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment