Friday, August 30, 2013

This holiday weekend...

...I am busy PACKING UP!


That's right!  I am running around in circles trying to get the contents of our rental house all packed up and ready to go to storage and/or the local donation center (where does all the STUFF come from???), schedule last minute appointments before we leave town, and while I'm at it...I decided to do a little mini makeover on the interior of our 5th wheel.  Fun times, I tell ya ;).



I can't believe our time in Florida has nearly come to an end.  It feels like we just got here and at the same time like we've been here forever.


When we arrived here about 6 months ago, we had no idea how long we'd be staying.  We settled in fast and made ourselves at home anyway.  No matter how long you live somewhere, it's home while you're there.  Yes, this makes leaving harder in many ways, but it's worth it. 


I haven't mentioned it, but my husband started a new job not long after we landed in Florida.  Still in oil, just with a different schedule (and in a different area of the country).  The new job has provided many good changes that we were looking for and one not so good change...his days off have been reduced by a third :(. 


So, we are moving back into our camper and planning to find someplace to park it that's close to his work.  Where exactly?  I don't know.  It doesn't really matter.  All that matters is that we are going to be together as a family more.  I can't wait :)!!!


I don't know where we are going or how long we'll be there and that is fine with me.  Call me crazy, but the unknown of it is exciting :).  It's an adventure!


The downside to leaving Florida is that we are once again saying goodbye to our parents (grandparents), siblings (aunts-uncles-cousins), and good friends.  This never gets easy...especially with my mom being sick.


It's very hard to leave, but we know that we are making the right decision.


I'm going to do my best not to mourn all that I'm saying goodbye to, instead I'm choosing to be thankful and joyful for all that I had and the time we got to spend here.


Like many others who live a nomadic lifestyle have said...it's not goodbye, just see you later!  I like that much better...

No comments:

Post a Comment