Monday, August 5, 2013

tastes like home...

Memories.

Feelings.

Emotions.

Isn't it interesting that they can be conjured by simply a smell?  The sight of some object?  Or the taste of a certain food?

You're probably thinking I'm weird right about now, and you're probably right ;).

But truly...I can be going about my business and out of the blue something hits my senses and I am instantly reminded of another time and place.  This can be good...a little moment relived of a happy time.  This can be bad...same thing but an unhappy memory.  Please tell me I'm not the only one that this happens to...

Anyway, I do have a point with this.  One of our favorite restaurants in Florida has always been Sonny's Barbeque.  Always.  When our kids were all tiny, we used to eat there all the time.  So of course we had to go there now that we are back in Florida.

Walking in the door was just like it had been five years before...only now my kids are 8,9,10,11, and 13.  I could easily close my eyes at that moment and see my little babies clearly at five years less age...that is a happy memory for sure :).

And of course, the food was awesome...as always.  Just ask Tristan...




If you like bbq and find yourself in the vicinity of a Sonny's, do yourself a favor and go.  I recommend the sweet bbq sauce ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment