Thursday, August 22, 2013

some random goodness...

I have gotten so far behind with this blog and I really want to {try to} get things caught up.  There are so many things from this summer that I want to tell ya'll about :).  This post is just me going through my pictures and sharing some of the best moments/things/eats/whatever with ya'll...

Good grief...wouldn't you know that a picture of a donut is the first thing, haha!  This is no ordinary donut, people.  This is a Dan-D-Donuts donut, the very best donut that I have ever eaten in my life.  We have been visiting the kind folks at this little shop for as long as I can remember (way back before kids) and they have never disappointed.  A tip:  plan to share one of these sweet treats or save half for later, they are way too big and rich to eat the whole thing at one time. (Dan-D-Donuts is located on Harrison Avenue in Panama City, Florida btw)


This next photo shows two things that made me smile...the beautiful flowers my husband surprised me with and the smallish piece of banana bread on the plate.  My girls made banana bread all by themselves for the first time and within minutes it was *gone*.  Delicious :)...


My good friend Belinda started her own business this summer.  She has a booth at Old South Antiques in Dothan, Alabama, called Cowboys & Gypsies.  The kids and I could hardly wait to get up there and see what all she had done!  She is super talented and we had so much fun being in her space and doing a little shopping :).

the kids gave it a "thumbs up"

we bought this beautiful abalone shell...just like the ones we learned about in Monterey, Ca!

Dothan is a long drive from where we live, so we did some more shopping while we were there.  Ashlyn came home with an old box full of vintage hair funnery.  All we need now is a pink convertible ;)...



These next two pictures show how goofy my kids can be.  It was snack time and this is what 2 of the boys came up with...

"roasted" beef jerkey

???...never saw this flavor before or since

We had so much fun when our friends came to play in the bay with us.  Play dates are as much for the moms as they are for the kids :)!

Tristan, Tyler, Clementine, and Audrey

Clementine's little brother Huck

the kids had SO much fun catching critters :)
 ***photos of Huck were taken by his mom, Belinda :)***

My big girl had to have 2 teeth pulled as part of her orthodontic treatment :(.  For any of you moms (or dads) that have kids in braces/with extractions, one of those personal sized blenders (Magic Bullet type) is a must.  I would just puree her food for her and she could eat whatever we were eating.  We came up with a yummy soup...a little milk, some boiled new potatoes, some stir fried yellow squash and onions, salt & pepper.  Blend til smooth and it makes a perfect portion.  ALL the kids wanted to try her "special" soup, and they ALL liked it :)...


Farmer's Market goodness...



little heirloom tomatoes :)

BIG tomatoes :)

The kids and I discovered a blueberry farm only 10 minutes from our house :).  We had a fun (and hot!!!) morning picking berries...


The girls took some seeds from a watermelon and planted their own gardens out by the seawall.  We were all tickled when they came up :)!


 
My constant shadow anytime I step outside the door...



I got a new globe for my collection.  Probably my favorite one so far...


Okay, I'm gonna stop there for now.  This is long enough for today!  I'll be back with more later :).

No comments:

Post a Comment