Thursday, October 10, 2013

We found Fall

I don't know how I hadn't noticed that Fall was here.


It must have somehow slipped in when I wasn't looking.  I thought I had been keeping a close watch...


Last Wednesday, we declared a fun day.  A day to just go outside and wander around to our hearts content and see what we could find.


We went out and found it that day.  Found Fall, that is. 


Isn't it pretty?


While we were out and about, we came across a little lake with ice cold water.  With barely a pause, all shoes were tossed aside so we could dip our toes in the crystal waters...



Little girls were tickled by the tiny fish that fluttered around their feet...




...while the boys ventured farther and farther away, exploring and talking as brothers do.


Me?  I soaked it all in as best I could.  Every detail, every giggle, every smile and "momma look!", as my children spotted some new treasure that they chose to share with me.




I am a lucky girl, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment