Wednesday, October 9, 2013

this is home, for now...

We made it!  We got up to Pennsylvania a few days before Dan had to go back to work.  It is SO NICE being up here with him and getting to see him most days!  We are all loving it :)!!

this area is full of beautiful farms and rolling hills

The campground where we are staying is small, but nice.  The owners are very friendly, the laundry is clean and cheap, and there is a park right behind our camper.  The park is actually what sold us on this place...there are open grassy areas to run and play, a couple of play sets (slides, etc.), a skate park area, and a big soccer field.  Since it's getting to be colder weather, the campground is fairly empty and so it feels like we are camping in the middle of a park :).


We have been keeping busy with our school work, but also finding plenty of time to get out and enjoy the area.  There have been lots of drives through the beautiful countryside...




...exploring one road after another, just to see where it leads...




I finally used my RV oven!  I admit, I was a little afraid of it.  Why?  I don't know!  I just was ;)!  I had to get Dan to show me how to light it, but after that it was easy...just like any other oven, only mini sized.  I wanted to bake a blueberry cobbler, but my preferred pan was too big.  I had to use 2 round pans and split it up.  No big deal and it turned out pretty good :).


The kids have been enjoying playing horse shoes and tether ball with their dad some evenings here in the campground...


...they have also been getting in some lego time...


...and reading books from the local library.  Ya'll, we are so happy about this!  Our entire family loves to read and this is the first library we have come across that is willing to lend to non residents.  The librarian gave me a visitors card that is good for several months, she said she would extend it if I need her to, and told us to get as many books as we want.  Awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment