Monday, October 14, 2013

coulda been bad...

The kids and I were at R.B. Winter State Park the other day, just enjoying the scenery and being outside.  As we were getting ready to leave, one of the kids noticed a fuzzy caterpillar in the sand.  We had never seen one like it, so we were careful not to touch it just in case it happened to be poisonous.

Boy am I glad we didn't touch it!

I just googled this cute, fuzzy little bug and found out it is indeed poisonous.  Within minutes of touching it many people have come down with intense burning, itching, and hives that spread over much of their body (similar to a bad case of poison ivy).  They said these symptoms last for days...ugh.  I don't even want to think about the shenanigans THAT would have brought upon us...5 kids and their mom simultaneously breaking out in hives...**shudder**...

Have I mentioned how glad I am that we didn't touch it :)?!

**and yes, to my husband, I do realize that I just talked about caterpillars for the second time :p...go ahead and tease me about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment