Thursday, October 31, 2013

10/31/2013

Today has been a hard day.

I got a phone call around noon letting me know that my mom is in the hospital.

She is battling stage IV metastatic breast cancer.  This week, the cancer decided to give her a sucker punch.

My mom is a very strong lady, it takes a lot to put her down.  That's one thing that makes this so hard...I know that it had to be really, really bad.  That just breaks my heart for her.

The kids and I have had plans for a long time to visit her in two weeks (we are in PA, she is in FL).  I could leave this very minute and be there sometime Saturday, but I know she would be disappointed.  She is in the ICU and wouldn't be able to see the four youngest kids.  So, as long as she is stable and improving, we will try and wait with hopes that she will be at home and feeling up to a house full of pint sized visitors in two weeks.  We have sleep-overs planned, things she wants us to cook together...having the visit to look forward to should be good medicine for her.

Why am I telling you all of this?  Well, for one thing, it is all I can think about.  There's absolutely no way I can sit here and think of/talk about anything else right now.  Not today.

There's another reason, though.  The main reason, actually.  I would like to ask ya'll to please pray for my mom.  Pray for a miracle.  Pray for her healing here on this earth.  Please, just pray for her...

Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

No comments:

Post a Comment